The Web team at Seattle Avionics has been burning the midnight oil getting ATLAS ready for full release very soon. Flight Plan (NavLog) printing as PDF is now available! Printing a coherent, easy-to-understand NavLog isn’t easy and we went back to school a bit on this and looked at printed NavLogs from several other systems as well as our own Voyager and FlyQ EFB apps. The result is something easier to read and understand (and, frankly, more attractive) than anything else we’ve seen. Here is a sample NavLog.
In the past few weeks, beta version 0.8.0 was released with a host of major flight planning features fixed and 0.8.1 fixes some issues for users with incomplete accounts (that is, no aircraft specified) as well as adds printing.
We still have more work to go but it’s definitely getting closer. Take a look!
Click Login in the upper-right corner and use your FlyQ email/password to login. Or use Create Account to create an all-new account.
Be sure to click the question mark (?) icon at the top to see the current release notes about what works and what doesn’t.
If you haven’t tried ATLAS yet, you should as it’s a pretty amazing system. All you need is a PC or Mac with a modern Web browser and you can create/edit/file flight plans, get weather briefings, get detailed airport information, check for cheap fuel, and much more. And, of course, flight plans and pilot/aircraft profiles are automatically shared between ATLAS and FlyQ EFB and FlyQ Pocket.
To get a sense of how it works, here is a video from before it was released to beta (hence it’s a little outdated but you’ll get the idea). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J25ifATQh6o
Fixes relative to the previous beta (0.7.0.0):
- FIXED (0.8.1): NavLog printing not implemented
- FIXED (0.8.1): Incomplete user accounts (no aircraft, etc.) handled badly
- FIXED (0.8.0): Cannot file a flight plan
- FIXED (0.8.0): No Wx briefings
- FIXED (0.8.0): The Wx status icons for airports with METARs don’t work.
- FIXED (0.8.0): Unless logged-in, creating a flight plan is handled very badly
- FIXED (0.8.0): METAR/TAF date display is wrong on some browsers
- FIXED (0.8.0): Editing a flight plan with lat/long points (rather than named aviation points) fails
- FIXED (0.8.0): Cannot create a new flight plan with a non-default aircraft
- FIXED (0.8.0): Lockheed Martin not supported