It’s now available to download!
FlyQ EFB 2.2, a MAJOR upgrade, is now available from the App Store! 300% faster, aerial photo maps, 4,600+ new Seattle Avionics Airport Diagrams, CAP search patterns, and much more!
Download the revised Pilot’s Guide
Upgrades to FlyQ EFB are free.
If you’re reading this on your iPad, just click below (won’t work on a PC or Mac):
If you’re reading this on a PC or Mac, go to your iPad then:
1. Open the App Store app on your iPad (usually on the first Home page).
2. Within the App Store, tap the Updates tab at the bottom.
3. Look for FlyQ EFB and tap the Update button next to it.
Tip: You can have the iPad automatically do updates for all apps in the future. This saves a lot of time! To do that:
1. Go to the Settings app on the iPad
2. Tap the iTunes & App Store item on the left side of the screen (might need to scroll down to see it).
3. Turn the switch next to Updates ON (green).
- 300% faster mapping engine
- New terrain base map
- New road base map
- New photographic (satellite) base map
- New SA Airport Diagrams for 4,600+ airports
- All-new TFR system including sports TFRs
- Waypoint idents on the flight plan line
- Comprehensive Search and Rescue routing
- Added ground elevation for any point
- FAA and SA Airport Diagrams can now be overlaid on the map
- Added VSR (vertical speed required) gauge
- Support for the Dual XGPS 190 ADS-B
- Support for the L-3 Lynx ADS-B
- Experimental support for the Stratux AHRS (other Stratux ADS-B features are fully-functional and not experimental)
Fixes and Other New Features
- ADDED: TCrs and MagVar added to the NavLog
- ADDED: Lat/lon, CAP grid reference, navaid/dist/bearing and navaid intersections now accepted anywhere a standard ident (airport, navaid, fix, etc.) can be used.
- ADDED: Several new aircraft to the database
- ADDED: Can add a corner suffix to all CAP grid references to specify which corner of the grid. E.g. SEA140NW / SEA140SE, etc.
- ADDED: 1/2 NM and 1/4 NM added as options for the Ring distance (useful for CAP)
- FIXED: Procedure from the previous airport sometimes being displayed in a list for a different airport
- FIXED: Cannot reverse a FP created with lat/lon entries
- FIXED: Computational problem in MHdg in offline flight planning
- FIXED: Cannot get back to list of flight plans after clicking New in split/landscape
- FIXED: Problem with blank map at app startup when using a Bluetooth ADS-B such as the Dual XGPS 170 or 190
- FIXED: SAR Cell format grids has lat/lon reversed
- FIXED: SAR Sectional Grid does not display the correct grid reference in some cases where SAR groups overlaps (like LAX and PHX)
- FIXED: SAR Sectional Grid does not display the last line at the bottom of the grid
- FIXED: In Airport/Services, the tap area for changing fuel price is too large, making it hard to see FBO details
- FIXED: ADS-B traffic alt box can sometimes obscure the 2 minute line from the target
- FIXED: Fuel prices cover airport ident
- FIXED: NOTAM text too tight to header cells
- FIXED: Various capitalization inconsistencies in Settings and the Gauge descriptions
- FIXED: Double-tap on Wx briefing does not show in full-screen pop-up
- FIXED: Occasional problem loading flight plans or aircraft from the server
- FIXED: Switching volume units to Liters is not reflected on aircraft settings page
- FIXED: TAF and METAR visibility noted in NM rather than SM, causing some confusion
- FIXED: Flight plan winds do not recalculate in some cases
- FIXED: Calculation error in some navaid/radial/distance entries
- FIXED: Keyboard covers key areas of the FAA flight plan
- FIXED: Display problems in 3D heading and altitude labels