The FAA updates data every 28 days (every 4th Thursday) and a new data cycle begins this Thursday. We’ve now merged the FAA’s data with our proprietary ChartData and enabled downloads of the ChartData for the new cycle.
We update ChartData several days in advance of each cycle start date so you can download it early. All US data was made available today (we don’t release data on Friday or over the weekend to ensure technical support is available in case of problems). This cycle took a day or two longer than usual because the FAA made a subtle change to the way some IFR Approach Plates were titled, meaning more geo-reference and verification work than expected. EU data will be available shortly.
Also, read this terrific post from Keith R if you use our ChartData Manager application for Windows to update your data. It explains how to automatically download data and even copy data to a card or USB memory stick without any clicks! No need to sit there and wait for data to download or copy. And keep in mind that we recently made the ChartData Manager faster and more reliable with the release of ChartData Manager 5.2.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to update your ChartData before you fly.
- In FlyQ EFB: Tap the ChartData Manager icon (the “down arrow” icon), review which states you have selected, then tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Pocket: Select the Downloads tab on the bottom of the screen and tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Online: Nothing to download. Just go to https://flyq.seattleavionics.com and the new data is automatically used when the new cycle begins on Thursday (but not before).
- For apps and devices that use our Data Manager, run the ChartData Manager (or select Settings from the little icon at the lower right corner of your Windows screen) and tap Update Now.
- In Voyager, select Update Data from the Tools menu then choose the All Monthly ChartData item.
If you need to renew your subscription, click the appropriate link below:
Note that new FlyQ Online (our Web-based flight planner) ChartData is enabled automatically on the day the new cycle begins (this Thursday) so what you see is always the current, legal data. Unlike data for our apps and devices, we do not release FlyQ Online ChartData ahead of time since there is nothing to download.