FlyQ EFB version 2.4.3 is now available. It’s a minor release that fixes some bugs and adds/changes two features.
What’s is New in 2.4.3:
- ADDED: Margin notes for each Sectional in Documents
- CHANGED: Fuel color on maps now relative to the average price in each state
- FIXED: Startup crashes on faster iPads (iPad Pro, iPad Air 2)
- FIXED: Fuel prices on the map not colored correctly
- FIXED: Visual Satellite map layer does not appear
- FIXED: Dynon ADS-B radar not correct in some cases
- FIXED: Send to Dynon/Receive from Dynon not visible under iOS 10
- FIXED: Rare case of Documents appearing blank
- FIXED: Zoom/Pan not correct for graphic Documents
- FIXED: Incorrect link from Cincinnati local to regional radar
To upgrade FlyQ EFB:
Upgrades to FlyQ EFB are free.
If you’re reading this on your iPad, just click below (won’t work on a PC or Mac):
If you’re reading this on a PC or Mac, go to your iPad then:
1. Open the App Store app on your iPad (usually on the first Home page).
2. Within the App Store, tap the Updates tab at the bottom.
3. Look for FlyQ EFB and tap the Update button next to it.
Tip: You can have the iPad automatically do updates for all apps in the future. This saves a lot of time! To do that:
1. Go to the Settings app on the iPad
2. Tap the iTunes & App Store item on the left side of the screen (might need to scroll down to see it).
3. Turn the switch next to Updates to ON (green).
Note: Turning on automatic updates does not automatically install new OS releases, just apps like FlyQ EFB.
And, as a reminder of what was new in 2.4:
- ADDED: Document Management. The all-new Documents tab gives you immediate access to a library of more than 200 FAA publications and charts (Flyway charts, helicopter charts, etc.), weather documents, Seattle Avionics documents, legends, and more. Or easily add your own documents by entering a URL or emailing them to your iPad. Even tap to add photos already on your iPad.
- ADDED: Support for Avidyne IFD540 and IFD440 wireless data transfer (GPS, AHRS, bi-directional flight plan transfers). Avidyne software release 10.2 required (GPS works with 10.1). More Avidyne support to come.
- ADDED: Support for ADS-B weather and traffic from the Dynon SkyView. SkyView software release 15 required (GPS, AHRS, bi-directional flight plan transfers already available with SkyView 14).
- FIXED: An unusual server error state can cause the app to logout and not allow users to log back in.
- FIXED: Detailed device status information not immediately updated
- FIXED: NavLog printing results in a clipped document.
- FIXED: Edits to the FAA Plan form not submitted to Lockheed/DUATS in some cases.
- FIXED: A few airports with fuel prices do not show the price on the map.
- FIXED: Takeoff time cannot be set when creating a new flight plan.
- FIXED: Downloads for Michigan do not include some of the state.
- FIXED: Last-selected pilot not remembered in New Plan.
- FIXED: Play/Pause button in sim too small on Retina iPad.
- FIXED: Editing a flight plan can produce a negative MHdg.
- FIXED: Tapping the Done button in the ChartData Manager takes so long to respond that it’s often tapped twice.