The next FAA data cycle begins next Thursday, January 5, 2017. Normally we’d release this data this Friday, 6 days ahead of time. However, because Seattle Avionics is technically closed this week, the ChartData team worked weekends to prepare the data early so they could take vacations with their families. In keeping, the US data for the next cycle has been activated and is available right now. European data will be available a little later.
Important! Be aware that ChartData for the next cycle is not legal for use until next Thursday (Jan. 5, 2017) at 12:01 AM Eastern time. If you use an app or device that utilizes our ChartData Manager, you can download the data now and install the data to an SD card or USB stick but do not use that SD card or stick until next Thursday. If you’re using FlyQ EFB, please do not install the data yet if you plan to fly before next Thursday.
Recently, we added ChartData for the Bahamas – airport diagrams, approach plates, SIDs, and STARs. Have a look! The new Bahamian ChartData is included in our US ChartData set so there is no additional charge for US subscribers.
We update ChartData several days in advance of each cycle start date so you can download it early. All US data was made available on Monday 12/26/16 (Aspen, Bendix-King KSN 770, Bendix-King AV8OR, Voyager) or Tuesday 12/27/16 (everything else). EU data will be available shortly.
Also, read this terrific post from Keith R if you use our ChartData Manager application for Windows to update your data. It explains how to automatically download data and even copy data to a card or USB memory stick without any clicks! No need to sit there and wait for data to download or copy. And keep in mind that we recently made the ChartData Manager faster and more reliable with the release of ChartData Manager 5.2.
Special note for Voyager users: You must install an update for Voyager before this ChartData can be downloaded if you haven’t already installed the new version of Voyager (version 188.8.131.52473). Simply start Voyager and, if you haven’t run it yet today, the app should say that an update is available and have a button to download. If you have used it today, select Update Application from the Tools menu.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to update your ChartData before you fly.
- In FlyQ EFB: Tap the ChartData Manager icon (the “down arrow” icon), review which states you have selected, then tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Pocket: Select the Downloads tab on the bottom of the screen and tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Online: Nothing to download. Just go to https://flyq.seattleavionics.com and the new data is automatically used when the new cycle begins on Thursday (but not before).
- For apps and devices that use our Data Manager, run the ChartData Manager (or select Settings from the little icon at the lower right corner of your Windows screen) and tap Update Now.
- In Voyager, select Update Data from the Tools menu then choose the All Monthly ChartData item.
If you need to renew your subscription, click the appropriate link below:
Note that new FlyQ Online (our Web-based flight planner) ChartData is enabled automatically on the day the new cycle begins (next Thursday) so what you see is always the current, legal data. Unlike data for our apps and devices, we do not release FlyQ Online ChartData ahead of time since there is nothing to download.