The next FAA data cycle begins next Thursday, July 20, 2017. We try to release ChartData the Friday before the new cycle starts. As that’s today, the US data for the next cycle has been activated and is available right now. European data will be available a little later and Australian data is unchanged this cycle.
Recently, we added ChartData for the Bahamas – airport diagrams, approach plates, SIDs, and STARs. Have a look! The new Bahamian ChartData is included in our US ChartData set so there is no additional charge for US subscribers.
Also, read this terrific post from Keith R if you use our ChartData Manager application for Windows to update your data. It explains how to automatically download data and even copy data to a card or USB memory stick without any clicks! No need to sit there and wait for data to download or copy. And keep in mind that we recently made the ChartData Manager faster and more reliable with the release of ChartData Manager 5.3.
Special note for Voyager users: You must install an update for Voyager before this ChartData can be downloaded if you haven’t already installed the new version of Voyager (version 126.96.36.199473). Simply start Voyager and, if you haven’t run it yet today, the app should say that an update is available and have a button to download. If you have used it today, select Update Applicationfrom the Tools menu.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to update your ChartData before you fly.
- In FlyQ EFB: Tap the ChartData Manager icon (the “down arrow” icon), review which states you have selected, then tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Pocket: Select the Downloads tab on the bottom of the screen and tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Online: Nothing to download. Just go to https://flyq.seattleavionics.com and the new data is automatically used when the new cycle begins on Thursday (but not before).
- For apps and devices that use our Data Manager, run the ChartData Manager (or select Settings from the little icon at the lower right corner of your Windows screen) and tap Update Now.
- In Voyager, select Update Data from the Tools menu then choose the All Monthly ChartData item.
If you need to renew your subscription, click the appropriate link below:
Note that new FlyQ Online (our Web-based flight planner) ChartData is enabled automatically on the day the new cycle begins (next Thursday) so what you see is always the current, legal data. Unlike data for our apps and devices, we do not release FlyQ Online ChartData ahead of time since there is nothing to download.