Seattle Avionics today announced the immediate availability of its new Merlin ADS-B receiver. For just $249, the Merlin includes functionality normally found in receivers costing upwards of $800 including dual-channels, WAAS GPS, an AHRS, and battery power.
“The Merlin is no stripped-down device that looks like a PEZ dispenser and locks you into one app,” says John Rutter, President of Seattle Avionics. “Rather, it’s a world-class device, at a world-beating price, with all the features in expensive receivers that works with FlyQ EFB and virtually all other iPad and Android apps.”
The Merlin is based on the respected and reliable Stratux software but with added Seattle Avionics touches. Each unit comes fully assembled and is not a kit. Every device undergoes individual testing and calibration and comes with a professionally written, thorough, printed Pilot’s Guide that describes setting up and using the device as well as how to interpret ADS-B traffic and weather. It’s backed by the Seattle Avionics’ technical support team and customer service department.
- Dual-channel ADS-B In on both 978 MHz (UAT) and 1090 MHz
- Integrated WAAS GPS
- AHRS for true synthetic vision display
- Comes with a four-hour battery pack and high-quality USB charging cable
- Built-in fan to ensure operation even in hot areas
- Receives traffic (including ADS-R / TIS-B) and weather (FIS-B) information
- Dual antennas optimized for each ADS-B frequency
- Includes a comprehensive Pilot’s Guide
- Based on the reliable Stratux core
- Connects to your device via Wi-Fi for maximum compatibility
- Fully assembled and individually tested / calibrated. Not a kit.
- Only available from Seattle Avionics
- Integrates with most popular iPad and Android apps including FlyQ EFB and ForeFlight
The Merlin is in-stock and shipping today.
For more information or to purchase, please see: https://seattleavionics.com/Merlin.aspx