Yesterday, Apple approved FlyQ EFB version 3.0.1, our first release after the major v 3.0 release. It’s available for download right now. It fixes several mostly minor bugs with the most important being a crash that occurred when connecting FlyQ to a Dynon SkyView system via WiFi. It also improves some aspects of the Flight Data Recorder. See below for more details.
To upgrade from an existing iPad or iPhone installation:
Go to the App Store icon on your iPad or iPhone and select the Updates tab. Click the Update button next to FlyQ EFB. Note: If your device is set to automatically update apps, you may see an Open button rather than Update because the new version has already been installed.
To download to a new iPad or iPhone (or if you didn’t install version 3.0 to your iPhone):
Go to the App Store icon on your iPhone or iPad, select the Search tab, enter FlyQ EFB.
Fixed and Improvements
- FIXED: Crash when connecting to Dynon SkyView and AFS systems.
- FIXED: Some data fields missing when connected to Avidyne systems. Note: Temporarily also removed ADS-B and flight plan processing for Avidyne systems. Will be restored soon.
- ADDED: Flight Data Recorder now synchronized between all your devices.
- FIXED: The Data Recorder broke flights into multiple segments if the app is paused or backgrounded during the flight.
- FIXED: Incorrect regional radar images for some parts of the Southern Mississippi valley.
- FIXED: In some cases, the ChartData Manager may show percent complete greater than 100%.
- FIXED: Wind arrows on airport diagrams and satellite images may be sized incorrectly or show an arrow in some cases of no-winds.
- FIXED: Problems / incorrect information message when adding some SIDs and STARs.
- FIXED: iPhone only: Airport quick access buttons (Direct To, Plates, Map, etc.) inoperative in Favorites and Recent.
- FIXED: iPhone only: Creating a 30 day trial can be difficult depending on the screen size of the device.
- CHANGED: iPhone only: METAR/TAF switch for Raw/Translated in the wrong place.
- CHANGED: Flight Recorder titles should be larger and bold.