We just released a new version of FlyQ Online that added two of the most commonly requested features: Recently Cleared ATC Routes and Leidos (1800wxbrief) logins. Learn more about FlyQ Online’s other unique features like Profile View, 4D timeline-based weather, automatic fuel stop planning based on lowest fuel prices, wind optimization, and robust export features.
Note: A new version of FlyQ EFB is scheduled to be released next week with these same features.
Recently Cleared ATC Routes
Recently Cleared ATC Routes applies just to IFR flight plans. With it, the system automatically looks at your takeoff and destination airport pair and looks for the routes that ATC has recently approved. If any are found, FlyQ Online lists them and shows you a graphical preview. Select the one you want — even opting to add fuel stops and optimize altitudes for best winds (notice the fuel stops on the image below) — or tell FlyQ to ignore all of them and just route as it did before.
The feature automatically kicks in if your defaults are set to plan IFR. If you’re planning VFR, you won’t see these routes. However, you can force an IFR plan by adding the letter “i” to the end of the routing you type at the top of the screen. See the screenshot for an example. IFR pilots can also disable this feature in the Settings portion of the app.
The other major new feature is the ability to login to Leidos (1800wxbrief) when creating flight plans and getting route briefings. FlyQ has had Leidos support for about two years, since it was managed by Lockheed Martin. With the previous support, you could get weather briefings and file flight plans based on your tailnumber but it would not associate these with a Leidos login account.
Now you can optionally associate your Leidos login with your FlyQ pilot profile. If you do, you’ll be able to review your plans, get alerts, quickly open and close plans, etc. from the 1800wxbrief.com web site. If you choose not to add Leidos login information, FlyQ will continue to get weather briefings and file flight plans as it did before, you just don’t gain the benefits of associating the two accounts.
If you don’t already have a Leidos account, simply go to https://1800wxbrief.com and create one. Then ….
If you already have a Leidos account, you need to do two things to enable this feature:
- In FlyQ Online, go to Settings (gear icon at the top of the screen) then Pilots and edit your Pilot Profile to add your Leidos Username (which is actually an email address) and clicks Save.
- Go to https://1800wxbrief.com and login. Click the Account button at the top of the page then select Service Provider Authorization. Click Edit, select Yes for FlyQ, then click Save.
Other Features / Fixes
- ADDED: New switch in Settings/Defaults to show weather briefings using Raw or Translated formats
- FIXED: Layer settings not restored at login in some cases
- FIXED: Problem with rubber-banding the flight plan line with the latest version of Google Maps
- FIXED: Searches for all Personal Waypoints, just just the ones belonging to the logged-in user
- FIXED: Removed DUATS logins as DUATS ends service on 5/16/18