As of right now, all flight plans and weather briefings for any FlyQ app or Voyager are routed through Leidos (1800WxBrief.com) as CSRA DUATS goes offline on 5/16/18. Any request for a weather briefing or flight plan filing via DUATS is automatically redirected towards Leidos; no work on your part is required. However, you gain substantial benefits to adding your Leidos Username to your FlyQ account. See below for more information about that.
A few notes:
- If you don’t alter your Pilot Profile in FlyQ to contain your Leidos Username, you’ll get weather briefings and filed flight plans based solely on the tailnumber of your aircraft (FlyQ has had this feature for 2 years). The flight plans and briefings are officially filed but you will not be able to look them up on the 1800WxBrief.com web site.
- To have 1800wxbrief.com keep track of your briefings and filings, you need to add your Leidos Username to FlyQ and enable FlyQ access in 1800wxbrief.com as follows:
- If you don’t have a Leidos Username, go to https://www.1800wxbrief.com and create a free account. Note: A Leidos “Username” is really an email address.
- Once you have your Leidos Username, go to FlyQ Online at https://flyq.seattleavionics.com, click the “Gear” icon to go to Settings, select Pilot Profiles, then add your Leidos Username.
- IMPORTANT! You also need to tell Leidos to allow FlyQ to access your account: Log into www.1800wxbrief.com, click the Account “menu” at the top, click “Service Provider Authorization” and enable FlyQ.
- Very soon, FlyQ EFB will have the same Leidos username features as FlyQ Online has now. We expect this revised version to be given to beta testers this week and all users very shortly thereafter. In the meantime, weather briefings and flight plans will go through Leidos as described in Note 1 above (that is, you can file and brief with Leidos but you won’t be able to access these from 1800wxbrief.com).
- FlyQ Pocket, FlyQ InSight, and Voyager will also file and brief via Leidos automatically. At the moment, these systems do not have a way to add a Leidos username. FlyQ InSight and possibly FlyQ Pocket will have this soon. Voyager will never gain additional Leidos support as we strongly suggest that all Voyager users switch to FlyQ EFB and FlyQ Online.
Questions? Either post them here and we’ll try to answer them or email firstname.lastname@example.org.