The next FAA data cycle begins next Thursday, September 13, 2018. We try to release ChartData the Friday before the new cycle starts. As that’s today, the new data is now ready for download. However, be sure not to fly with this data until September 13.
Important notes for FlyQ EFB user: Please do not download this new data if you plan to fly before next Thursday as the app does not currently (hint hint) have any concept of “current” versus “next” data cycle. However, FlyQ EFB downloads TFRs, fuel prices, and weather automatically so rest assured that this data will always be current even without doing a manual update
European data will be available shortly (with dramatically expanded coverage — more later!). Australian data is unchanged since last cycle.
If you’re using another data provider, check with them about availability.
Also, read this terrific post from Keith R if you use our ChartData Manager application for Windows to update your data. It explains how to automatically download data and even copy data to a card or USB memory stick without any clicks! No need to sit there and wait for data to download or copy.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to update your ChartData before you fly.
- In FlyQ EFB: Tap the ChartData Manager icon (the “down arrow” icon), review which states you have selected, then tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ InSight or FlyQ Pocket: Select the Downloads tab on the bottom of the screen and tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Online: Nothing to download. Just go to https://flyq.seattleavionics.com and the new data is automatically used when the new cycle begins on Thursday (but not before).
- For apps and devices that use our Data Manager, run the ChartData Manager (or select Settings from the little icon at the lower right corner of your Windows screen) and tap Update Now.
- In Voyager, select Update Data from the Tools menu then choose the All Monthly ChartData item.
If you need to renew your subscription, click the appropriate link below:
Note that FlyQ Online (our Web-based flight planner) ChartData is enabled automatically on the day the new cycle begins (next Thursday) so what you see is always the current, legal data. Unlike data for our apps and devices, we do not release FlyQ Online ChartData ahead of time since there is nothing to download.