On Friday August, 9, around 4 PM Pacific we released new ChartData. All is fine except that the FBO phone numbers had one small change made to them that causes FlyQ EFB (all versions, not just 4.0) and FlyQ InSight to crash when viewing the Services tab for an airport. No other app is affected. We have already reverted the FBO phone numbers to their previous format and re-released the US Digital ChartData. Only digital data was changed – approach plates, airport diagrams, Sectionals, IFR Low and High, etc. are all fine.
If you downloaded new FlyQ EFB or InSight ChartData before 11:30 AM Pacific on Sunday, August 11, please do the following to get the corrected data. If you have not yet downloaded data, there is no need to do anything other than perform the usual data update and you will get the corrected digital data.
- Launch FlyQ EFB
- Tap the ChartData Manager (down arrow) icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down just below the map area and tap Delete Digital ChartData in the Digital ChartData section.
- Kill and restart the app. Read how.
- Once FlyQ EFB is restarted, go back to the ChartData Manager page and click Update Now.
FlyQ InSight or Pocket:
- Delete the app. Read how.
- Re-install by downloading from the Apple App Store (FlyQ InSight) or Google Play Store (FlyQ Pocket only) by searching for the app by name or, if you’re reading this on your device, click here: FlyQ InSight for iOS. FlyQ Pocket for Android.
- Download new ChartData.
We are very sorry for the problem.