As you’ve probably noticed, it’s November and the weather is getting cold and nasty, making safe flying harder. We noticed it, too, so new FlyQ EFB 4.5 is focussed on dramatically improving weather support in the app. And by “dramatically,” I mean really, really dramatically! Watch the video!
What FlyQ EFB 4.5 adds:
- The app goes from having 7 weather layers to 21 weather layers! The new layers include Cloud Tops, Cloud Bases, Turbulence, Icing, Lightning (both actual and predicted), PIREPs, Surface Analysis, Surface Winds, Ceilings, Visibility, Precipitation Type (snow, rain, etc.), Surface Temperature, and Dew Point Spread.
- FlyQ now includes the new ADS-B products such as Lightning, Turbulence, Icing, and Cloud Tops as well as PIREPs.
- All of the new ADS-B layers are also available when connected to the Internet (that is, before flight) so you can review Turbulence, Icing, PIREPs, Lightning, and Echo Tops before you fly or while you fly.
- A Timeline with Predictive Radar! You can move the timeline into the past to see how weather has recently changed or move it into the future to see how weather is expected to change during flight. That includes Predictive Radar, TAFs, AIRMETs/SIGMETs, and Winds Aloft.
- There is now a new Altitude Slider so you can see how things change at different altitudes. That includes Winds Aloft, Icing, and Turbulence.
FlyQ EFB 4.5 is about to enter beta testing and will be extensively demoed during multiple free webinars next week. Sign up for the webinars now as space is limited.
If you’re not already a beta testers, email firstname.lastname@example.org to join. Be sure to note the email address you use for your Apple ID.
Flying safely is all about training. Now that the weather has turned on us, we think it’s an ideal time to brush up on FlyQ EFB. In keeping, we’ve scheduled a comprehensive series of live webinars next week … and some of the following week. They cover 8 different topics from Buying and Using an iPad and Intro to FlyQ to Advanced FlyQ EFB and Advanced Flight Planning. And they include the very-special introduction to new FlyQ EFB 4.5.
We’re doing these at multiple times and over multiple days to make it easy to find a time that works for you.
Attendance is free but space is limited so please click the topics below to sign up to the ones you want now!
Important! After you click to register, the sign-up page defaults to the first time that each webinar is offered. Be sure to check the date/time on the sign-up page to be sure you’re registering for the date/time you want.
All webinars are scheduled for 1 hour. Times are shown for the Pacific timezone.
|Monday, Nov. 18||11 am||Intro to FlyQ|
|Monday, Nov. 18||2 pm||Advanced FlyQ|
|Monday, Nov. 18||5 pm||Intro to Flight Planning|
|Monday, Nov. 18||8 pm||Buying and Using an iPad|
|Tuesday, Nov. 19||11 am||Advanced FlyQ|
|Tuesday, Nov. 19||2 pm||Intro to FlyQ|
|Tuesday, Nov. 19||5 pm||Advanced Flight Planning|
|Tuesday, Nov. 19||8 pm||Intro to Flight Planning|
|Wednesday, Nov. 20||11 am||Advanced Flight Planning|
|Wednesday, Nov. 20||2 pm||Visual Logbook & Visual Analysis and Playback|
|Wednesday, Nov. 20||5 pm||Intro to FlyQ|
|Wednesday, Nov. 20||8 pm||Advanced FlyQ|
|Thursday, Nov. 21||11 am||New FlyQ EFB 4.5: The Weather Release|
|Thursday, Nov. 21||2 pm||New FlyQ EFB 4.5: The Weather Release|
|Thursday, Nov. 21||5 pm||Advanced FlyQ|
|Thursday, Nov. 21||8 pm||Intro to FlyQ|
|Friday, Nov. 22||11 am||New FlyQ EFB 4.5: The Weather Release|
|Friday, Nov. 22||2 pm||Choosing an ADS-B System|
|Monday, Nov. 25||11 am||Buying and Using an iPad|
|Monday, Nov. 25||2 pm||New FlyQ EFB 4.5: The Weather Release|
|Tuesday, Nov. 26||11 am||New FlyQ EFB 4.5: The Weather Release|
|Tuesday, Nov. 26||2 pm||Choosing an ADS-B System|