We released the second beta for FlyQ EFB 4.0 last night. It fixed a number of bugs, many of which are related to the ChartData Manager portion of the app. In the 4.0 release, we very dramatically enhanced the verification of downloaded data and added better automatic retries when a data file isn’t downloaded properly or doesn’t pass verification. These new checks are really, really good things to do but did, not surprisingly, create some problems, esp. when updating from an older app. These were really hard to track down and fix issues. We believe this beta addressed those issues and many more.
The next beta should be very quick, possibly later this week, and will address many other bugs, about 1/2 of which are in the new features and 1/2 in the currently shipping app.
Changes in Beta 2:
- FIXED: Flight Recorder: Flights often broken into multiple pieces (this also implicitly addressed issues of the ident assigned by the recorder for takeoff and landing airports being less than ideal)
- FIXED: Flight Recorder: Pop-up message about continuing a flight is annoying
- FIXED: Data Manager: Airports may become missing from the nav database
- FIXED: Data Manager: Very slow to display states
- FIXED: Data Manager: Large memory spikes may cause a crash
- FIXED: Data Manager: Memory leak makes it impossible to load all states at once on most devices
- FIXED: Data Manager: Incorrectly displays A/FD’s as expired
- FIXED: Mapping engine: Maps may appear blurry even if downloaded when using expired data
- FIXED: Sports TFR text out of date
- FIXED: Endorsements may disappear until scolled into view
- FIXED: Search filter ignored after a synch
- FIXED: Airport tab icon wrong on iPhone
- FIXED: Action button missing on full-screen Analysis images
- FIXED: ‘Track Image’ should not be inserted as default photo comment
- FIXED: Various problems with Flight Descriptions
- FIXED: Flight list does not scroll to top when switching betweek Flight Following and My Flights
- FIXED: Crash with uAvionics ADS-B receivers after firmware update.
- FIXED: Many other minor issues