The next FAA data cycle begins next Thursday, March 29, 2018. We try to release ChartData the Friday before the new cycle starts. As that’s today, the new data is now ready for download. However, be sure not to fly with this data until Mar. 29.
Three notes about this release:
- Dynon Users: We fixed a bug in how Caribbean SEC/LO/HI data was processed such that it is no longer missing northern Caribbean areas.
- FlyQ EFB Users: We fixed two data problems regarding Mexican and Central American data. One was a problem pre-loading plates/diagrams for some parts of Mexico and the other required adding basic airport info for airports in Central America so those approach plates/airport diagrams can be accessed. No new version of the app is required, just this new data.
- Dynon + FlyQ Users: Version 3.0.0 of FlyQ EFB had a bug that caused a crash when connecting to SkyView via WiFi to see ADS-B info in FlyQ, send/receive flight plans, or use the SkyView GPS/AHRS data in FlyQ. This was corrected a few days ago with FlyQ EFB 3.0.1. Click to upgrade now.
Important notes for FlyQ EFB user: Please do not download this new data if you plan to fly before next Thursday as the app does not have any concept of “current” versus “next” data cycle. However, FlyQ EFB downloads TFRs, fuel prices, and weather automatically so rest assured that this data will always be current even without doing a manual update
As a reminder, we just added approach plates, airport diagrams, SIDs, STARs, etc. for Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, El Salvador, and Belize! You may remember that we also recently added this same data for the Bahamas. All of it for no additional cost.
European data will be available shortly. Australian data is unchanged this cycle.
If you’re using another data provider, check with them about availability.
Also, read this terrific post from Keith R if you use our ChartData Manager application for Windows to update your data. It explains how to automatically download data and even copy data to a card or USB memory stick without any clicks! No need to sit there and wait for data to download or copy.
If you haven’t already done so, please be sure to update your ChartData before you fly.
- In FlyQ EFB: Tap the ChartData Manager icon (the “down arrow” icon), review which states you have selected, then tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ InSight or FlyQ Pocket: Select the Downloads tab on the bottom of the screen and tap Update Now.
- In FlyQ Online: Nothing to download. Just go to https://flyq.seattleavionics.com and the new data is automatically used when the new cycle begins on Thursday (but not before).
- For apps and devices that use our Data Manager, run the ChartData Manager (or select Settings from the little icon at the lower right corner of your Windows screen) and tap Update Now.
- In Voyager, select Update Data from the Tools menu then choose the All Monthly ChartData item.
If you need to renew your subscription, click the appropriate link below:
Note that FlyQ Online (our Web-based flight planner) ChartData is enabled automatically on the day the new cycle begins (next Thursday) so what you see is always the current, legal data. Unlike data for our apps and devices, we do not release FlyQ Online ChartData ahead of time since there is nothing to download.